Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

When life gives you avocados.....


MAKE GUACAMOLE!!!

Seriously. 

Avocados are pretty much like food from the heavens.  They are high in good fats (monosaturated).  These kind of fats make your heart tick and help to lower cholesterol.  Avocados are also also high in potassium and are great source of vitamin E.. which gives you shiny hair and makes your skin glow.

I like my guacamole pretty unadulterated.  Some people like to add tomatoes or salsa or garlic or other things that don't belong.  Nope.  I keep it simple.

Five Minute Guacamole (serves two.. or one if you're like me)

1 avocado
1/4 c. diced red onion
2 T. chopped cilantro
1 small jalapeno, minced
1 lime, juiced
salt, to taste

Mash avocado with a fork.  Add remaining ingredients.


Grab a bag of tortilla chips.  I like the blue ones, 'cause they're pretty.
Dip. Eat. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment