Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

grilled salmon with roasted sweet potatoes and mango red pepper salsa


You got all that?
So.. this is supposed to be a vegetarian blog.  Once in a blue moon I get an intense craving for fish, be it some seared tuna on a salad or some really good sushi, or some beer battered haddock.
This was one of these times. So, whatever.  Vegetarian food 97.2333% of the time.
I picked up some wild alaskan salmon and got to work.
I was up at the camp and wanted some simple sides, nothing that would require more than twenty minutes of prep time. 
Sweet potatoes are delicious roasted.. I cut 'em up, tossed with some extra virgin olive oil, chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.





I threw 'em on a sheetpan and roasted at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Done.

Mangos were on sale at the asian market so I decided to do a quick fruit salsa. This goes great with fish, but is equally tasty with some tortilla chips or eaten straight out of the bowl with a spoon.


Mango Red Pepper Salsa

I mango peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small jalapeno, minced
1/3 c. red onion, diced
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
salt, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.


No comments:

Post a Comment