Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cucumber Mojito


Summer time sippin' is here!

The first time I had a mojito was the summer of 2004.  It was hot... and I was drunk.

It was then that I decided that it would be my new summer time drink of choice.

Of course the next morning I totally forgot what was in it.. Mint... I knew there was some mint involved because I nearly choked on a very large leaf.  Muddle your mint people!!

I googled mint + cocktails the next morning, all the while wondering how I got home from the bar last night.

Search result completed.. the mojito.

Yup, that was it for sure.

Now.. I had to make it on my own, because homegirl is not shelling out $10 for one of these at a bar unless there is ALOT of rum involved.

Turns out this classic cocktail is super easy and requires very few ingredients.

Mint, lime juice, rum, sugar and club soda. Add some ice and you're good to go!

So, I've been making this here cocktail every summer for the past eight years.

As I was making my first round of the season I spotted a cucumber in my fridge. A couple cucumber slices in a glass of water is totes refreshing, so I thought, why not throw some in my cocktail.

Genius.

Summer in a glass.

Cucumber Mojito (makes 1 cocktail)

8 sprigs mint
5 slices cucumber
1 lime, juiced
1 1/2 shots rum
1 shot simple syrup
ice
club soda

Muddle the cucumber, mint and simple syrup in a large glass.  For those of you that don't have a muddler, a wooden spoon works like magic! Add the lime juice and rum. Fill the glass with ice and top off with club soda.  Give it a good stir and drink up!










No comments:

Post a Comment